Thursday, October 17, 2013

Make Up For Ever Foundation Reviews: HD & MATTE


Every year when winter comes I start to update my wardrobe and my color palettes to get ready for the weather to get colder and my skin to get increasingly more pale and dry. Recently, I went to get my favorite brand of foundation and it was no where to be found, so I asked the ladies at Sephora to help match me up with a good product for Fall and ended up trying two foundations by Make Up For Ever.

At first I went home with MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation. This foundation comes in 16 shades and I matched up so perfectly to shade 25 that I ignored the warning that is was for oily skin and decided to give it a try anyways. Buyer beware, pay attention to the bottle. This foundation because it is a MATTE foundation does not work for dry skin. It has great coverage and colors, but it stuck to all my dry patches leaving the look on my skin like I had on a badly set powder and clumped to any rough patches. But, if you have normal, or even more oily skin this is a perfect foundation for you!


 
So, for the first time in my life I returned something to Sephora and went back on the hunt. I really wanted to try Laura Mercier's foundation for dry skin, but they didn't have any shades light enough, so I decided to give Make Up For Ever another run and purchased MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation. This foundation comes in a miraculous 26 shades and if you go to the website it will indicate for each shade what undertone is matches up with. I am a yellow undertone, so I went with color 117. I would say this foundation is a medium coverage and almost lives up to being invisible. Again, anytime you have dry skin medium to full coverage foundations are bound to show up a little on dry areas, but it is definitely more dewy than the matte foundation and I like the overall effect. It is a small bottle and costs in Canada about 40CAD, so I don't know if its the best bang for your buck, but I will stick with it and see how long it lasts both on my face throughout the day AND time wise over the next couple months.
 
 

 

 photo katie-signature_zps5f2a40a0.png

No comments:

Post a Comment