Saturday, September 21, 2013

Save vs Splurge


There are some make up items that are worth the splurge and other's there's just really no need to fork over extra cash for high end products, so today I wanted to share some little tips and a few of my favorite  products for Fall!

Save: Lipgloss. Lipgloss, no matter what brand or how gooey, lip gloss is one item that just won't last too much further past morning coffees and afternoon drinks  so why bother forking out twice the cash on an item that you can get awesome colors for every look and season at the drugstore! My new favorites for Fall are NYX Mega Shine Lip gloss in Sugar Pie & Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in any shade you choose!







Splurge: MAC Prep + Prime BB beauty Balm Compact SPF 30, 30$; Most BB creams aren't cheap to begin with & neither are primers, so why not double up and save on both! Plus, in compact form this is great product to touch up on the go to perfect, protect, even out and illuminate!  The downfall is that compacts do offer less product than the tube, so if you're not needing it for on the go opt for the tube version to save pennies! Available here





Save: On anything that requires sharpening. I hate the feeling of sharpening away products and money on anything in pencil form. I love the quality of Quo Black waterproof eyeliner and Too Faced eyebrow pencil, but I felt like I was going through them way too fast & the money was adding up. If you're still using eyeliner pencils everyday I suggest trying the pot of gel liner with a brush. Its really easy once you get the hang of it and the Sephora kind I use for only 20$ is water proof and lasts forever you can read more about that here. Same goes for lip liners & brows. The one eyeliner I will still get is L'Oreal Smoldering eyeliner because the thick pencil allows for more applications before needing to sharpen and sells for only 12$! I usually wear black eyeliner, but I use this pencil in brown to line my bottom waterline and create definition above the top lash line. If you're not skilled at the cat eye, you will love this pencil its easy to tip to its side to create the perfect line. 



Splurge: Le Blush creme de Chanel. If you haven't tried a cream blush, or tried one and didn't love it this is worthy of trying. Creme blushes tend to be longer wearing, easier to blend, and Chanel's new line of cream blushes has amazing color choices that look so natural.




For more of my favorite products check out what I keep in my make up bag for daily use here

 photo katie-signature_zps5f2a40a0.png

No comments:

Post a Comment