Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Postpartum fitness: Getting My Body Back

Seven weeks after my cesarean I had technically "lost" all my baby weight which to me seems pretty remarkable. I can really only credit that to breastfeeding seeing as for the first 5 weeks I did pretty much nothing, so for 35 pounds just to come off I am pumped about that, but on the other hand... my jeans still don't fit right. They do up, but there is a muffin top, so I refuse to wear them until I get toned up and get that back under control. So, this week, which is week 8 postpartum, I am dedicating myself to a two week clean eating "diet" and daily attempts at exercise to see if I can tone up!

I have to admit the hardest part of the first few weeks with a new baby was my body. I had tons of help, so I was sleeping & eating good and my baby was well cared for, but the one thing really out of my control was the look of my stomach, and for some reason it shocked me. Now when I look back and can see the progression and how fast you really do bounce back it amazes me what my body was capable of, so I've decided to share some pictures of the progress from very pregnant, to a very hard stage for me, and where I am now.

I also had decided to get and wear a Bellefit Medical grade C Section recovery corset that I wore from about from weeks 3-6 and I immediately could see my swelling going down and I should still wear it now, but most days I just don't. Maybe I will today...

Fitness: So far I am still keeping it pretty light. I go for a walk with my dog and baby in the stroller at least once during the day, I am trying to get through the entire video of Jillian Micheal's Yoga Meltdown Level one, but I've only made it halfway through every time because of Scotlyn needing me and being too tired to finish once I could, and I downloaded and really love the app 7 minute Work out which I think costs like 2 bucks but its great for mamas with little time to get quick work outs in during the day! Soon I am hoping to have enough energy to be all ready when Kyle gets home from work and start going for jogs because I HAVE to have serious jams to run and I don't want to be blasting music in my ears with just me and the baby home.

My meal plan moving forward includes things like:

Raw veggies. I love going to the farmers market and buying veggies like radishes, celery, and cauliflower, chopping them, and keeping them handy in the fridge for anytime I need a snack, or want to whip up a salad.

Greek yogurt + Pumpkin puree + honey + nuts

Salad dressing: Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Honey

Fruit Smoothies w/ground flax seed, yogurt, & soy milk

Chocolate Vega shakes + almond milk

Pureed Soups (butternut squash is my favorite)

Quinoa + tuna (I like the little flavored cans)

Broccoli Omelets

No carbs after lunch, lots of water, & minimal cheating haha



Picture Progress (Sorry these are such bad quality, I obviously snapped them with my phone not really planning to post them, but here they are & hopefully they will make other new mamas feel better with their post baby bodies!)

April 18th, 2015 ( Had Scotlyn April 25th)

 May 4, 2015 (9 days after delivery & the hard part on me mentally)
 May 25th, 2015 (Bellefit Corset & super sexy nursing bra)
June 4, 2015 (8 weeks after delivery before dieting & exercise)

Hopefully in a couple weeks I can add a much more toned looking and feeling good picture after some dedication to my fitness!





1 comment:

  1. You look great! I'm glad to hear your feeling better about your body. We should do some workouts together and leave the babes at home with their dads :)

    ReplyDelete