Wednesday, July 23, 2014

DIY Brazilian


Okay. I know you're thinking, say wha... diy? Brazilian? ya.. rrighht. And you're right. It did not happen without blood, sweat, and almost tears. It hurts like a Beeee, but like everything else once I put my mind to something it just has to happen & I am always thinking on a budget. So, I set out to read reviews on my best drugstore options because I didn't feel like I could wait for it to come in the mail and decided that Parissa was going to be the best bang for my bucks. Do not get me wrong. I am not telling you to go ahead and do this by ANY means. What I am telling you is that if you WANT to it CAN be done.

First, you heat that little saucer of wax on the stove, you stir it up and test it on your hand to make sure it's cool enough, or at least that's what I did, and then I put a thick layer starting on my bikini lines making sure that there is a thick glob at the end to grasp onto. Now, the tricky part is waiting til it sets, but not til it completely hardens because then it really hurts. Another tip is that I always thought the hair should be quite long and oh no, that is wrong. NO longer than 1/4 inch because the longer the hair the more it pulls and ou babay.

The top part is not a huge deal it was almost bearable and I might even say I'd do it again in a couple of weeks. Where the trouble lies, is, if you can imagine, sitting on your bathroom floor, neck craned, smoothing hot wax in the Netherlands of your lady parts, ma gawd... let me make myself clear, the lips. OUCH.

The good news? Once the wax is on, there is only one way to get it off, so just spread it and try your best to go as fast as you go without pulling the skin to hard AND it works. The wax adheres to hairs really well and Kabam hairs be gone in a few painful tugs of wax. So, if you want to, do it and if not I am sure this wax also works really well for eyebrows, etc etc.Plus, it comes with a little bottle of oil that helps heal & disinfect to prevent ingrown hairs, BONUS!

Overall:

Easiness: 4.5/5
Effectiveness: 4.5/5
Painfulness 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment